Booking conditions:Go Tour Egypt accepts bookings subject to the following conditions.
1) Your contract with Go Tour Egypt to secure booking with Go Tour Egypt or their agents requires a completed and signed booking form together with a deposit of %50 per person per tour or full payment for travel within 8 weeks. Clients booking by telephone, facsimile, web or e-mail will be deemed to have read the booking conditions and accepted them. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when our agent has confirmed acceptance in writing and issued a confirmation invoice. It is at this point that contact between Go Tour Egypt and the Client comes into existence. Before your booking is confirmed and contract comes into force, Go Tour Egypt reserves the right to increase or decrease brochure and website prices. Go Tour Egypt or their agents reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion. The contract between Go Tour Egypt and the Client, being all persons named on the booking form travelling or intending to travel with Go Tour Egypt. The person signing the booking form (which incorporates these terms) warrants that he/she has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions. The contract, including all matters rising from it, is subject to Egyptian Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Egyptian Court. No employee of Go Tour Egypt other than a director has the authority to vary or omit any of these terms or promise any discount or refund.
2) Payment for your Holiday: Upon booking your holiday with Go Tour Egypt a 50% deposit per person per tour is required to confirm and guarantee your reservation. The balance of all monies due, including any surcharges applicable at that time, must be paid to Go Tour Egypt or their agents not less than 8 weeks before departure. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date Go Tour Egypt will treat the booking as cancelled by the client. Monies paid to an agent acting on behalf of Go Tour Egypt for tours operated by Go Tour Egypt are held by the agent on behalf of Go Tour Egypt.
3) Changes by You: Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed in writing by the person signing the booking form and must be accompanied by an administration fee of $65 US (or equivalent) per booking in addition to the cost of any extra services required. Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to any accommodate changes and additional requests, their availability cannot be guaranteed. A change of departure date must be requested in writing by the person signing the booking form and must be accompanied by an administration fee of $130 US (or equivalent), unless the request is within 8 weeks of the departure. In which case, a cancellation fee will be applied in paragraph 5 (below).
4) Substitution of Client: If any number of the party is prevented from travelling because of death, injury or serious illness of the passenger, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, it may be possible to transfer the booking to other suitable person (acceptable to Go Tour Egypt) provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of $130 US will be levied plus any costs imposed by Go Tour Egypt suppliers. Airlines may impose 100% cancellation charge and the cost of a new ticket.
5) Cancellation by You: The Client may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to Go Tour Egypt in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day when written notice is received by Go Tour Egypt. In addition to the charges shown below airlines may impose 100% cancellation charge and the cost of a new ticket.
Period before departure within
which written notification is received
60 days or more
59 - 28 days
27- 14 days
13- day of travel
Cancellation charge as shown
a percentage of the holiday price
forfeit of deposit
50 % of total of the cost
75 % of total of the cost
100% of total of the cost
In addition to the above cancellation charges, the full insurance premium is also payable in the event of cancellation by the Client. If the reason for cancellation is covered by the insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
6) Changes by Us: While Go Tour Egypt will use its best endeavours to operate all tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may prove necessary to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions. Go Tour Egypt reserves the right to at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices described in the brochure and website (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) and to substitute alternative arrangement of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes. If a major change becomes necessary Go tour Egypt will inform the Client as soon as reasonable possible if there is time before departure. The definition of major change will depend on the individual tour and circumstances. When a major change is made the Client will have the choice of accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another available tour or cancelling the tour and obtaining a full refund. Provided that the major changes is because of force majeure or consolidation (see below) compensation will paid as follows:
Period of notification prior to departure:
More than 42 days
42 – 28 days
13 days- date of arrival
Compensation per Person:
Force majeure is war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather condition, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation, or rescheduling of flights by an airlines or main charterer, the alteration airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of Go Tour Egypt.
Consolidation refers to the fact that each tour is dependent upon a minimum number of persons participating.
7) Cancellation by Us: Go Tour Egypt reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances but, except for force majeure, consolidation or the Client’s failure to pay the final balance, will not cancel a tour unless 56 days before departure. Unless a Client fails to pay the final balance, Go Tour Egypt will, upon cancellation, return all monies paid excluding payment for travel insurance or offer an alternative tour of comparable standard and will pay compensation according to the scale shown in paragraph 6 above save that no compensation will be paid if cancellation is because of force majeure or consolidation.
8) Surcharges: Go Tour Egypt reserves the right to increase the tour cost to take account of the following items: Government action, currency, transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, overflying charges, airport charges and increase in scheduled air fares. Go Tour Egypt will absorb a sum equal to 2%, but if the surcharge results in an increase of more than 10% of the tour cost excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges the Client may cancel the booking within 7 days of notification of the surcharge and obtain a full refund. No surcharge will be imposed within 28 days of departure.
9) Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is mandatory for all Clients whilst on an organized tour by Go Tour Egypt. Clients together with their personal property including baggage are at all times solely at their own risk. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance. A suitable insurance policy should provide adequate cover for medical expenses arising through illness or accident prior to and during the holiday and loss of holiday monies through cancellation and curtailment of the holiday for insurable reasons. Go Tour Egypt’s agents are able to assist the Clients in obtaining a suitable insurance policy and where the Client declines to purchase the policy offered by Go Tour Egypt (and if applicable the travel agent), Go Tour Egypt is exempt of all possible liabilities which may arise due to the failure to take out adequate insurance cover. Clients making their own arrangements should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the type for activities in their tour. Clients should satisfy themselves that any travel insurance arranged through Go Tour Egypt is what they require and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
10) Passports, Visas and Vaccinations: It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventative medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Go Tour Egypt.
11) Age, Fitness and Participation: All Clients are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described in this brochure. Persons over 60 years of age may be asked to provide medical evidence of fitness to travel on certain itineraries. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tour operated by Go Tour Egypt, however teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. Go Tour Egypt reserves the absolute right to decline a booking at their discretion. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Go Tour Egypt’s employees, tour leaders, and agents whilst on tour with Go Tour Egypt. If in the opinion of such person, the health or conduct of a Client before, during or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In the case of ill health, Go Tour Egypt may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover all the costs thereof from the Client.
12) Local Laws: All participants in tours operated by Go Tour Egypt are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Go Tour Egypt of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
13) Illness or Disability: Anyone suffering form illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical of medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such person being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit. If the chosen holiday includes a cruise or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client for participating in the tour but will enable Go Tour Egypt to take additional precautions for the Client’s safety at such times as may be appropriate.
14) If you have a Complaint: If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements the Client must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Go Tour Egypt at the time so that they may use their best endeavours to rectify the situation. It is only if Go Tour Egypt is make aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Failure to complain on the spot will result in the Client’s ability to claim compensation from Go Tour Egypt being extinguished or at least reduced. Should the problem remain unsolved, a complaint must be made in writing to Go Tour Egypt before departing Egypt.
15) Our Responsibilities: The tours operated or supplied by Go Tour Egypt have been designed to provide participants with an exposure to the true nature of the environment visited and therefore involve an element of potential risk and exposure to potential hazards over and above those associated with normal ‘package’ holidays. All bookings are accepted on the understanding that such risk and hazards are appreciated by the Client and that they undertake all tours, treks and other activities at their own volition.
i) Where the Client does not suffer personal injury, Go Tour Egypt accepts liability should any part of the tour arrangements booked with Go Tour Egypt not be supplied as described in this website or brochure and not be of reasonable standard. In such a case, Go Tour Egypt will pay reasonable compensation if the Client’s enjoyment of the tour arrangements has been adversely affected but will pay no compensation if there has been no fault of the part of Go Tour Egypt or it’s suppliers and the reason for the failure in the tour arrangements was the Client’s fault, the actions of someone unconnected with the tour arrangements or could not have been foreseen or avoided by Go Tour Egypt or its suppliers even if all due care has been executed.
16) Tour Prices: The prices in our brochure and website are valid until January 1, 2009. Go Tour Egypt reserves the right to alter the prices as a result of fluctuation in exchange rates or transfer prices. In this case an amended invoice will be sent to the client. If the alteration results in an increase of more than 15% of the original price (in GBP only), the client may cancel the booking and obtain a full deposit refund.
17) Unused Services: No refund or compensation can be obtained from Go Tour Egypt for any unused accommodation, service or feature. No refund is exchangeable or assignable. If clients make any alterations to any portion of their holiday it will be completely at their own expense.